Payment and Attendance
Tuition for the 2018 Fall Semester is $1750.00. Your tuition includes...
- 17 one hour lessons.
- Discounted tuition when you pay in full at the beginning of the semester.
- Free introductory lesson for new students.
- Additional semester discount for new students.
- Home visits offered at no additional charge*.
- Music and instructional materials provided at no additional charge.
- Free access to Improvilirium!, Charlie's unique resource for improvisation, ear training, and music theory.
- Yearly recital for school age students.
- Charlie's 30 years of private lesson and classroom teaching experience.
* Charlie offers home visits in Jamaica Plain, Brookline, Cambridge, and nearby communities in the Boston, Massachusetts area. Lessons are also available at Charlie's studio in Jamaica Plain. Home visits outside of Jamaica Plain, Brookline, and Cambridge may be subject to additional charges.
Discounts and Installments
Take 3% Off
- Receive a 3% discount when you pay your Semester Tuition in full by your first scheduled lesson.
Free Introductory Lesson
- New students receive a free introductory lesson. No payment is due until your second scheduled lesson.
Take an Additional 10% Off
- New students are eligible to receive an additional introductory discount. Pay your Semester Tuition in full by your second scheduled lesson and take an additional 10% off!
Take $25.00 Off
- Summer Session payment is due in full by your first lesson of the term. Summer lessons are scheduled to fit your summer plans. Sign up for 6 or more lessons and get $25.00 off your Summer Session tuition.
Materials are Included
- Music and other instructional materials that Charlie recommends are included in your tuition. No additional invoices or charges.
Choose 4 Easy Installments
- You can also choose to pay your Fall or Spring Semester tuition in 4 easy installments. If you choose this option, your first payment is due by your first scheduled lesson of the term. (New student first payment is due by the second scheduled lesson of the Semester.) Subsequent payments are due on the fifteenth of each month. Payments made on the installment plan are not eligible for semester discounts.
If You Miss a Lesson
- Makeup lessons are subject to availability and, due to scheduling constraints, cannot be guaranteed.
- To request a makeup lesson you should contact me at least 24 hours in advance of your missed lesson.
- Make up lessons, when available, are offered in the 2 weeks following your missed lesson.
- No credit for missed lessons will be offered except as noted below.
If Charlie Misses a Lesson
- If Charlie misses a lesson, a make up may be arranged or the missed lesson will be credited to your account.
- In the event of inclement weather, Charlie will contact you to let you know if your lesson will take place as scheduled. If your lesson must be cancelled, a make up may be arranged or the missed lesson will be credited to your account.
- Charlie's schedule follows the public school calendar which includes a one week break in February and another in April. Students attending schools that observe a two week break in March may arrange up to 2 make ups for lessons missed during their school's vacation or have those missed lessons credited to their account.
- If you miss a lesson to observe a religious holiday, a makeup lesson may be arranged or the missed lesson will be credited to your account.
- Tuition payments are not refundable
- A $10.00 late fee may be applied to accounts that are more than 14 days past due.
- Click here to see Charlie's 2017-2018 Calendar.
Still Have Questions?
- Give Charlie a call at (617) 365-9232.